Re: HashCommentLinesMatching

From: clemens fischer
Subject: Re: HashCommentLinesMatching
Date: 31 Mar 2003 18:18:01 +0200

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no:

> I don't know whether perl regexes are posix standard or not,
> but I would be more inclined to stick to a posix compliant
> lib than anything else,

well, posix is broken or downright idiotic in so many aspects.  maybe
you think for managing software distributions to clusters it is
advantagous to stick to posix, but i think the pcre(3) lib is
portable enough.  i know it runs on linux and freebsd, and i think
there are packages using it for solaris as well, so cfengine doesn't
really have to be posix compliant in this respect.

  clemens