keeping track of clients

From: Spam Collector
Subject: keeping track of clients
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 19:56:56 GMT

I thought I remembered seeing a post here describing the
use of a shell command to connect to a database, so that you
you could query the DB to find clients that quit 'phoning
home'.  Unfortunately, now that I want to set up something
like that I can't find the reference.  Has anyone here
tried something like that, or how do you make sure machines
aren't removed from cfengine's control (either accidentally
or deliberately) without you knowing about it?

Frank