Partitioning configuration files

From: Dennis, Richard
Subject: Partitioning configuration files
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:04:50 -0400

I'm looking for some insight as to when it's best to partition your
configuration files into smaller files that will be imported.  Do most of
you out there keep one large file?

I currently have a cf.linux config file that's >200 lines now....it will
probably grow more rapidly in the next few months.

If I split it up into a bunch of smaller files will there be a
noticeable/significant performance impact?

TIA.

--Rick

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.