Change Control and cfengine

From: Dennis, Richard
Subject: Change Control and cfengine
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:29:13 -0400

Thanks for replies to my earlier post on splitting cfengine config files.
Here's another question I forgot to post.

What's the best way to handle the change control process and cfengine?  I'm
curious what's the best way to protect your environment (and CYA) when
updating configs.

What I've decided to do to keep a /var/cfengine/stage and /var/cfengine/prod
directories, each with an inputs and files subdirectories.  Both directories
contain checked out copies of a CVS repository.  I'm working on a perl
script that will automate the CVS tagging of the stage directory, so only
when the a change is approved, the prod directory will checkout the updated
tagged version of the repository.

Just seems to me that change control is an integral part to file
distribution, and I'm curious to know how others handle this.

Again, TIA.

--Rick

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.