Possible bug in AppendIfNoLineMatching under solaris 9?

From: Paul Dlug
Subject: Possible bug in AppendIfNoLineMatching under solaris 9?
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:55:08 -0400

I have the following in my cfengine config:

any::
   { /etc/mail/aliases
     SetLine "root:$(tab)root_grp@ridge.aps.org"
     AppendIfNoLineMatching "^root:[[:space:]]*root_grp@ridge.*"
     DefineClasses newaliases
   }

Under FreeBSD 4.8 with cfengine 2.0.3 this works and properly appends "root: root_grp@ridge.aps.org"

Under Solaris 9 with cfengine 2.0.6 this appends:
^root:[[:space:]]*root_grp@ridge.*

And will keep appending every time it runs.

This doesn't seem to be a problem on another solaris 9 host I have, only difference being the above host with the problem is at a newer patch revision. Both hosts are running the same build (built a package of cfengine on the first host (one with the issue) and installed on the other host (not having problems)).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

From cfagent -v -q:
Begin editing /etc/mail/aliases
Set current line to root:       root_grp@ridge.aps.org
Appending [^root:[[:space:]]*root_grp@ridge.*]