copy define not working >:|

From: Christopher DeMarco
Subject: copy define not working >:|
Date: 07 May 2003 12:39:57 +0800

Okay, I'm  either a)  insane or b)  missing something, 'cause  I'm going
bananas here trying to get this figured out ;)

I want  to have a class  defined based on  the result of a  copy.  Easy,
right  - just  add the  define= directive  to the  copy  action.  Worng.
Here's my cfagent.conf:

`,`,`,`,`,`,`, cut here `,`,`,`,`,`,`,
        control:
                domain = ( foo.com )
                sysadm = ( root )
                softwarehost = ( vls )
                files = ( /var/cfengine/master/files )

                actionsequence = (
                        copy
                        shellcommands
                )

        shellcommands:
                a::     "/bin/touch /tmp/a"

        copy:
                $(files)/client_inittab
                server=$(softwarehost)
                # yes, I know what I'm doing ;)
                dest=/etc/inittab
                mode=644 owner=root group=root
                type=checksum
                define=a

/etc/inittab  is being  copied  okay,  but class  "a"  is never  getting
defined!  The output of ``cfagent -v'' shows ``Installable classes = ( a
)'' so it's *seeing* my class...

I'm running cfagent 2.0.6, compiled  myself with no special arguments to
configure, on a Red Hat 8 GNU/Linux box.

Please, what the $*#&$@ am I doing worng?

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
  Christopher DeMarco