file/dir/link error message, updating checksum database error message.

From: Lucas Albers
Subject: file/dir/link error message, updating checksum database error message.
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:51:52 -0600 (MDT)

I keep seeing the following error message in my cfagent output.
I run cfagent with -v and still cannot determine what is causing hte problem.
Question 1.)
Any advice on tracking down what is the cause for this error message?

cfengine:: image exists but destination type is silly (file/dir/link
doesn't match)
cfengine:: source=/usr/local/share/cfengine/inputs, dest=/var/cfengine/inputs

Question 2.) It is unable to initialize the checksum database. I have set
the update flag to true; yet still gives error message. Ideas on
troubleshooting this?

  # #md5 everything.
        ChecksumDatabase = ( /etc/cfengine/cache.db )
        ChecksumUpdates = ( true )

Error message:
cfengine:esus: Couldn't open checksum database /etc/cfengine/cache.db
cfengine:esus: db_open: No such file or directory

Thanks
--Luke
Montana State Univeristy Computer Science Sysadmin
Bozeman Motana.