RE: Cfengine Feature Wish List?

From: Villalovos, John L
Subject: RE: Cfengine Feature Wish List?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:35:47 -0700

My Wishlist :)

I would like to be able to use groups in the groups: section.

For example.

groups:

        redhat::
                vimRPMinstalled = ( ReturnsZero(/bin/rpm -q --quiet
vim-enhanced) )

Basically I would like to be able to only define some classes if another
class is already defined.

One reasoning I have for this is because I don't want to run the RPM
command if I am not on a Red Hat system.  For example Debian or Solaris.

I am currently using cfengine 2.0.6 and it does not appear to have this
feature because I get an error when I attempt to put in the group_name::
after groups:.

John

John Villalovos
Intel Corporation
15400 NW GREENBRIER PKWY # CO5-162
BEAVERTON, OR  97006-5723
(503) 677-5777   Fax: (503) 677-6670

GPG 1.+/PGP 5.+/ DSS/Diffie Helman
http://www.sodarock.com/JohnVillalovos-gpgkey.txt
1024D/1A25D86C 2F24 AD89 E5D5 C92B 7FE2  F878 7ED5 2D38 1A25 D86C

My opinions are my own and NEVER the opinions of Intel Corporation.  I
am but a tiny, insignificant, infinitesimal (1/80000) cog in the giant
machine of Intel :)