Re: Dynamic Addresses issue

From: Alec H. Peterson
Subject: Re: Dynamic Addresses issue
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:58:22 -0600

--On Sunday, May 18, 2003 21:35 -0600 "Alec H. Peterson" <ahp@hilander.com> wrote:

Greetings,

I'm trying to use CFEngine in an environment where I will have CFEngine
clients deployed theoretically anywhere in the IPv4 unicast address
space. I was hoping to find a feature where keys on the server could be
looked up by the public key, instead of historical IP addresses, but
according to my reading of the code and documentation that is not
currently implemented.

Well, I ended up implementing this as a new option. If anybody wants to do this as well I'll be happy to share the patch.

Alec

--
Alec H. Peterson -- ahp@hilander.com
Chief Technology Officer