Help in Setting variables via class types

From: Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE
Subject: Help in Setting variables via class types
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 16:27:03 +0100

Folks

What I would like to do is to set some variables
depending on the system class type e.g

Solaris
aix

To set these variables for Solaris
  OLDROOT     = ( "exec /bin/sh -c `/usr/bin/grep root /etc/shadow`" )
  NEWROOT     = ( "exec /bin/sh -c `/usr/bin/grep root
/net/HOST/Files/etc/shadow`" )

To set these variable for AIX
  OLDROOT     = ( "exec /usr/bin/perl `/root/aixpasswd.pl root`")
  NEWROOT     = ( "exec /bin/sh -c `/usr/bin/grep root
/net/HOST/Files/etc/shadow `" )

Then to use these variables in a EditFiles section.

I am sure it must be possible , but every thing I try just does not seem to
work.
I had thought about using a "include" but the variables don't get given to the
calling parent .

Any idea's

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Seafield House, North Anderson Drive, Aberdeen AB15 6GZ, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1224 81 8373 Other Tel: Internal 630 8373
Email: Matt.M.Garrett@is.shell.com
Internet: http://www.shell.com