abort execution?

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: abort execution?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:16:47 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a way to make cfengine stop running / executing actions
partway through a run?  The goal is to prevent editing passwd
if there's a chance it'll get ENOSPACE at the end of the write.
Currently we're doing something like

required:

    /               freespace=500kb         define=failure

copy:
    !failure::

        $(dist)/$(passwdfile) dest=$(passwdfile) type=checksum
        server=$(fs) failover=failPasswdEdit define=editPasswdFile

But this is a bit awkward and I'd really rather cfengine yelp and die if
there's not enough room. I expected this would be what "force=true" would do,
i.e.  "this requirement is enforced for me to run". The docs suggest you'd
use the classname in required's "define=failure" to trigger a 'tidy' action
but it's not always obvious what ought to be tidied. Any thoughts?

--

    Eric Sorenson - EXPLOSIVE Networking - http://explosive.net