Re: segmentation fault on linux

From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: segmentation fault on linux
Date: 9 Jun 2003 03:13:35 GMT

The world rejoiced as Frank Smith <fsmith@hoovers.com> wrote:
> It can also segfault on Debian boxes if nsswitch.conf contains
> references to db and you aren't using db (Debian puts 'db' before
> 'files' for most services by default).

That seems to be the root of my present problems.

What's the resolution?  I changed over, thus:

#protocols:      db files
#services:       db files
#ethers:         db files
#rpc:            db files
protocols:      files
services:       files
ethers:         files
rpc:            files

I restarted nscd, which seems the only thing that's "running" that
should be reading that, right?  Or is there something else I need to
restart?
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sap.html