cfrun -T wierdness

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: cfrun -T wierdness
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:32:59 -0500

Connecting to a 'new' host that has cfengine software installed and cfservd running, but no key exchange yet:

cfrun -vTS somehost

gives me a prompt to okay the key exchange, despite the -T. This is reproducible. However:

cfrun -v -T -S somehost

...does *not* ask me for a key, at least not anecodatally.

Additionally, "cfrun -vT" sometimes does (and sometimes does not) prompt for a key exchange approval. This is a problem when running cfrun out of "shellcommands:" with output redirected, since it results in the disk filling up with an infinite supply of "Do you want to accept one on trust? (yes/no)" lines.

I suspect this might be a bug in the argument handler since I have not yet seen it exhibit this problem when the '-T' flag is used alone. Of course, it could also be coincidental-- I really have not tested this exhaustively.

This is behavior I have seen with 2.05 and 2.06; I have waited until now to report the bug because I was hoping to catch a reproducible instance of the '-T' being unheeded.