RE: Central Reporting/Monitoring

From: Steve Bergeon
Subject: RE: Central Reporting/Monitoring
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:25:33 -0500

One of the scripts that we have cfengine run will log a 'happy running' line to
syslog on completion. Since syslog entries are sent to a central system for
parsing it gives easily checked feedback on the agents health.

For more than the binary did/didn't run, the same script reads the latest log in
outputs and puts the anomalies into syslog.