Re: Central Reporting/Monitoring

From: Nate Campi
Subject: Re: Central Reporting/Monitoring
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:12:17 -0700

I chose to kill two birds with one stone, and verify cfengine and
MTA/null mailer config together by using cfrun to trigger a mail message
on all hosts. The script running cfrun knows if it couldn't connect to a
box, and the script that accepts the mail on the mail server can easily
compare the received mail against a "all cfengine hosts" list.

The downside is that I need to make sure I keep the host list up to
date, but whatever automated methods you use to deploy/retire hosts can
do this as well.

--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net