Re: Strategy for "one-off" tasks

From: Christopher DeMarco
Subject: Re: Strategy for "one-off" tasks
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:03:42 +0800

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:34:06PM -0700, Darren Dunham wrote:

> I think the idea is "why  would you need  to perform a one-time-only
> task"?  Can you give an example of what this would be?  Why would it

I'm using cfengine not as a means to converge  many diverse systems to
one Ideal  Functional State, but  to  painlessly install and update  a
bunch  of identical, dumb,  kiosk-type units.  So  killing X is a nice
single-function action that I'd like to perform remotely; passwordless
ssh would work except that I already HAVE cfengine.

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
  Christopher DeMarco