extraneous copy

From: Hal Snyder
Subject: extraneous copy
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:53:49 -0500

Is anyone else seeing the following:

We get sporadic but frequent redundant copy actions whenever we set
type=checksum, meaning a copy occurs even though server and client
files exist and are identical. It happens a few times per day,
but on which server and what time are not readily predictable.

Setup is i386 Solaris 8 with cfengine 2.0.7p3, with servers running
cfexecd hourly from crontab.