variables in FileExists

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: variables in FileExists
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'd like to be able to do this:

    groups:
        myconfig = ( FileExists($(cfdir)/$(host).conf) )

So that later on, this would work:

    import:
        myconfig:: $(cfdir)/$(host).conf

If I just try to import $(host).conf and it doesn't exist, cfengine
croaks.  But I guess variables can't be used in FileExists:

    cf::/[..]/cfgroups.conf:19: Wildcards cannot be used in this context:

I would prefer to use FileExists instead of 'test -f' because the
'test' binary lives in different places on linux and solaris, /usr/bin
vs /bin, and that gets ugly quick.

I seem to recall a post a while back about safely importing
host-specific files but I can't find it in the archives now.  If you've
got a setup like this, how did you solve this problem?

Mark -- is it reasonably easy to change cfengine to allow variable expansion
in FileExists?

--

    Eric Sorenson - EXPLOSIVE Networking - http://explosive.net