Re: cfexecd mail

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: cfexecd mail
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:17:19 +0100

Quoting Mark Burgess <Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no> (2003-07-29 13:07:44 BST):

> Go, boy, go!
> On 29 Jul, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> > Sounds good, shall i implement it?

I was wondering ... wouldn't it be better if cfagent -z was an
interactive command which, when given a variable name would return
its value (possibly prefixed by the number of characters it was
sending, for ease of parsing). This way, only Cfexecd needs to be
changed to do something like this.

BTW, if you choose not to go for this (and I'm willing to code the
generic interface) I added some cruft at around cfexecd.c:432 which
copes with old cfagents who didn't send EmailMaxLines. Since you're
in the area, I'd be obliged if you removed the compatibility code if
it's not too much bother.

--
BAILEY
WESTERLY, BACKING SOUTHERLY LATER, 3 OR 4. MAINLY FAIR. GOOD