Re: problem with RSA keys on HP-UX 11

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: problem with RSA keys on HP-UX 11
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:26:59 -0500

I had a similar issue with Solaris 2.8/intel. When I generated keys on another machine (a Linux box) and copied them over, everything was fine. And as with your case, the same openssl build seemed to make other applications quite happy despite generating invalid keys in cfengine.

Were you able to compile a 'working' openssl, or did you tweak the cfkey generator, or ... ?

Jeffrey Layton wrote:

After much mucking about, I finally determined that the problem was in the
openssl libraries I had installed on this box. They seemed to work fine,
but the problem definitely manifested itself in cfengine. In any case, it
seems to be resolved now.
-- Jeff