Réf. : problems with LocateLineMatching regex

From: paguerlais
Subject: Réf. : problems with LocateLineMatching regex
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:44:08 +0200

When you use regexps within cfengine, your regexp must match the entire
line (from ^ t o $). You must think of regexps mostly like expr regexps,
not like Perl regexps.
Therefore, your LocateLineMatching regexp can't match /var/log/httpd/...
You should write :
LocateLineMatching '.*/httpd.*log[:space:]+{[:space:]*'

HIH
Patrice

help-cfengine-bounces+paguerlais=airfrance.fr@gnu.org@spacepants.org> le
01/08/2003 08:28:05

Envoyé par :      Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@spacepants.org>

Pour : help-cfengine@gnu.org
cc :

Objet :     problems with LocateLineMatching regex

I'm having some problems getting a regex to match a line in a logrotate
config file.

The editfiles section looks like this:

{ /etc/logrotate.d/httpd
    Backup 'off'

    LocateLineMatching 'httpd.*log[:space:]+\{[:space:]*$'
    BeginGroupifNoMatch '^/var/log/httpd/\*_log /var/log/httpd/\*\*_log
    \{$'
        ReplaceLineWith '/var/log/httpd/*_log /var/log/httpd/*/*_log {'
    EndGroup
}

and the file in question looks like:

/var/log/httpd/*log {
  missingok
  notifempty
  sharedscripts
  postrotate
    /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid 2>/dev/null` 2>/dev/null ||true
  endscript
}

(default /etc/logrotate.d/httpd from Red Hat 9)

Nothing happens to the file, and the following message appears when cfagent
is run in verbose mode:

Begin editing /etc/logrotate.d/httpd
Edit: Search for httpd.*log[:space:]+\{[:space:]*$ failed.  Current line
still 1
LocateLineMatchingRegexp failed in /etc/logrotate.d/httpd, aborting editing
End editing /etc/logrotate.d/httpd

Interestingly, if I change the first regex to just '\{$' the search also
fails.  There is no space between the { and the end of line in the actual
file.  A regex of '[{]$' also fails.

I am using cfengine 2.0.4 on this machine; I have not yet had time to
upgrade my cfengine RPMs for my network unfortunately.

Any ideas?

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg