Re: cfservd segfaulting?

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: cfservd segfaulting?
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:22:23 +0100

Quoting Joseph Holland King <insanc@cc.gatech.edu> (2003-08-04 18:38:55 BST):
> Currently im running redhat 8.0 with cfengine 2.0.7p3 and cfservd seems
> to crash randomly. As far as I can tell its random, different intervals
> from start up time, from a few hours to a few days, different times
> during the day, and never with the same machine accessing it at the
> time. It has the same configuration as a redhat 7.3 with cfengine 2.0.6
> had that was extremely stable. When we originally moved it to 8.0 it
> started to crash with 2.0.6 so we move it to 2.0.7 but with no luck. The
> configuration hasn't been changed so there should be no reason for it to
> crash randomly. According to non-forked verbose mode (the only way i
> could get any information) it is segfaulting. any clues on to why this
> is happening? anyway to get more information about the problem? thank
> you.

Compile with debugging symbols (./configure blah blah; make
CFLAGS='-g -O0') then run the ./src/cfservd command in non-fork mode.

You may need to do 'ulimit -c unlimited' so you get the core dump
from the segfault.

Once you have a core dump, run gdb -c core src/cfservd. If you type
'backtrace' here, you'll get the call tree leading to the
segmentation fault. Please send it to bug-cfengine@gnu.org.

--
DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND PLYMOUTH
EASTERLY VEERING WESTERLY 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6. THUNDERY SHOWERS.