resolv.conf

From: David Douthitt
Subject: resolv.conf
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:24:15 -0500

We have a resolv.conf which looks like this:

nameserver 10.1.1.1
nameserver 10.1.1.2
domain our.domain
search our.domain
search our.domain2

Cfengine (2.0.4 on Linux for Intel 586) repeatedly gives the following warning:

cfengine: Deleted line options: attempts: 5 ended with a space in /etc/resolv.conf.
cfengine: The resolver doesn't understand this.

However, the resolver is just fine with this. There is also NO space after the 5; I suspect it's complaining about the space after "attempts:".

Note that CFEngine is editing the resolv.conf file to put these options in: so it complains, removes the line, then it gets added again. I wonder if this also affects options: timeout: 15.

--
David Douthitt
david@douthitt.net