Re: Ask for help

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: Ask for help
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:09:25 +0100

Quoting kong guilan <orchis_kong@hotmail.com> (2003-08-06 01:59:19 BST):
> Hello,Dear Sir,
>      I'm an engineer of Beijing Institute of System Engineering,and now
> i'm working with network security management.:-)
>      I tried to install cfengine-2.0.7p3 on my linux platform,and before
> doing installation,i had installed BerkelyDB4.1 and openssl well.But when i
> configured cfengine,i encountered problem.

The following config.log snippet shows the problem:

configure:7555: checking for BerkeleyDB location
configure:7608: result: /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
configure:7628: checking Berkeley DB Version
configure:7658: gcc -o conftest -pthread -g -O2
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -pthread    -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib
conftest.c -lm  -ldb >&5
configure:7661: $? = 0
configure:7663: ./conftest
./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.1.so: cannot open
configure:7666: $? = 127
configure: program exited with status 127

Maybe you haven't done an ldconfig or put
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib into /etc/ld.so.conf .

Do any other programs work with this library? Is it available as
libdb-4.1.so? I suspect you may have a broken symlink.