Réf. : Re: Réf. : problems with LocateLineMatching regex

From: paguerlais
Subject: Réf. : Re: Réf. : problems with LocateLineMatching regex
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:50:18 +0200

Isn't { a special character for cfengine regexps ? It is indeed for Perl...
If it is the case, try using \{.

Patrice

help-cfengine-bounces+paguerlais=airfrance.fr@gnu.org@spacepants.org> le
01/08/2003 11:07:38

Envoyé par :      Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@spacepants.org>

Pour : help-cfengine@gnu.org
cc :

This one time, at band camp, paguerlais@airfrance.fr wrote:
>When you use regexps within cfengine, your regexp must match the entire
>line (from ^ t o $). You must think of regexps mostly like expr regexps,
>not like Perl regexps.

That makes sense (I think I've encountered that before), but unfortunately
it is not working for me.

>Therefore, your LocateLineMatching regexp can't match /var/log/httpd/...
>You should write :
>LocateLineMatching '.*/httpd.*log[:space:]+{[:space:]*'

That exact regex gives me the same error as before.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg