SplayTime

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: SplayTime
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:00:09 +0200

cfengine 2.0.7p3

I have a question about this variable. I want it to use twice one for
the update.conf and then in cfagent.conf (daily run). But that is not
possible, why? My thought is that i want to spread the load on the
server when update.conf is run. It is a sinple cfengine script and it runs fast, so a low SplayTime value. Now when i run the daily config a
lot of files are checked so i want to use a different SplayTime value.
Does this make sense?

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@sara.nl      *