cfengine: ignore don't work as expected

From: Uwe Zeisberger
Subject: cfengine: ignore don't work as expected
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:12:18 +0200

Hello,

I'm using cfengine 2.0.7p3 and wrote the following in a file called cf.conf:

---------------------------------->8-----------------------------------
control:
    actionsequence  = ( tidy )
    domain          = ( informatik.uni-freiburg.de )
    Inform          = ( on )

filters:
    { tmpfiles
        Owner: "root"
        FromAtime: "date(1970,1,1,0,0,0)"
        ToAtime: "tminus(0,0,21,0,0,0)"
        Result: "!Owner.Atime"
    }

tidy:
  opt_dry_run::
    /tmp
        pattern=*
        age=21
        recurse=inf
        rmdirs=sub
        filter=tmpfiles
        ignore=uscreens
--------------------------------->8-----------------------------------

and:

arcturus@~ # cfagent -f ./cf.conf -n | grep uscreen
cfengine:arcturus: want to delete /tmp/uscreens/S-user3/15223.pts-32.arcturus

I also tried ignore=/tmp/uscreens und ignore=/tmp/uscreens/ but cfengine
still want to delete this file.

If i insert:

ignore:
    uscreens

the file won't get deleted. But how can I achieve this with a local
ignore?

The corresponding output using `cfagent -d 2' is:

--------------------------------->8-----------------------------------
Filter result on /tmp/rippa was 0
Skipping filtered file /tmp/rippa
IgnoreFile(uscreens)
NotMountedFileSystem
RecursiveTidySpecialArea(/tmp/uscreens)
Changed directory to /tmp/uscreens
Checking the inode and device to make sure we are where we think we are...
IgnoredOrExcluded(/tmp/uscreens)
IgnoreFile()
Tidy: opening dir /tmp/uscreens
Filename /tmp/uscreens/. is classified as ignorable
Filename /tmp/uscreens/.. is classified as ignorable
IgnoreFile(S-user2)
NotMountedFileSystem
RecursiveTidySpecialArea(/tmp/uscreens/S-user2)
Changed directory to /tmp/uscreens/S-user2
Checking the inode and device to make sure we are where we think we are...
IgnoredOrExcluded(/tmp/uscreens/S-user2)
IgnoreFile()
Tidy: opening dir /tmp/uscreens/S-user2
Filename /tmp/uscreens/S-user2/. is classified as ignorable
Filename /tmp/uscreens/S-user2/.. is classified as ignorable
IgnoreFile(5507.pts-54.arcturus)

Shortly looking over the source, I found strange, that there is an empty
string between the parenthesis of Ignorefile, as I think there should
occur the same argument as in IgnoredOrExcluded.

Any ideas?

Uwe

--
Uwe Zeisberger

primes where sieve (p:xs) = [ x | x<-xs, x `rem` p /= 0 ]; \
primes = map head (iterate sieve [2..])