Re: evaluated classes

From: Uwe Zeisberger
Subject: Re: evaluated classes
Date: 16 Aug 2003 11:04:19 GMT

Hello again,

in the cfengine config postet a few minutes ago, there was an error.

In article <mailman.466.1061030159.29551.help-cfengine@gnu.org> I wrote:

> today I found that evaluated classes don't work exactly as hard and
> user defined classes:

>     leo@/tmp # ls -F
>     cf.conf  ps_data

>     leo@/tmp # cat cf.conf
>     control:
>       actionsequence  = ( directories )
>       Inform          = ( on )

here is a "groups:" missing,

>       has_tmp_test2   = ( IsDir(/tmp/test2) )
>
>     directories:
>       IsDir(/tmp/test1)::
>           /tmp/test1
>               mode=3D700
>               owner=3Droot
>               group=3Dother
>
>       has_tmp_test2::
>           /tmp/test2
>               mode=3D700
>               owner=3Droot
>               group=3Dother
>
>     leo@/tmp # cfagent -f ./cf.conf -v
>     MakePath(IsDir(/tmp/test1)::)
>     MakePath(/tmp/test1)
>     cfengine:leo: /tmp/test1 had permission 755, changed it to 700
>
>     leo@/tmp # ls -F
>     cf.conf  ps_data  test1/
>
> Is this intended?

but the rest is still correct.

(This is my second try to reply to the newsgroup, please excuse me, if this
answer reaches you twice.)

Uwe

--
Uwe Zeisberger

If a lawyer and an IRS agent were both drowning, and you could only save
one of them, would you go to lunch or read the paper?