Re: Cfengine and DNS domains

From: Tod Oace
Subject: Re: Cfengine and DNS domains
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:35:10 -0700

Does cfengine work across different DNS domains?

I have it working fine across four domains. I use classes to set the "domain" variable like this:

classes:
        some_campus     = ( ipv4_1_1 )
        other_campus    = ( ipv4_2_2 )

control:
        some_campus::           domain = ( some.domain )
        other_campus::  domain = ( other.domain )

I use these classes to define which of my cfservd servers each host pulls from. Works fine here, although it'd be nice if "domain" could default to whatever the host's domain is. Also it won't work if the machines from your two domains share IP space though.

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>