RE: [Cfengine] RE: Listening on specific interfaces

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: [Cfengine] RE: Listening on specific interfaces
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:02:00 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Burgess [mailto:Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 9:09 AM
To: basv@sara.nl
Cc: reenenk@discovery.co.za; Steve.Ferguson@gedas.com;
help-cfengine@gnu.org; Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no

>Ok this is harmless, and basically "much ado about nothing".

Again, I respectfully disagree. Don't let pride in your work blind you
to the reality of positive and useful contributions.

>I think, in your paranoia you are thinking of software that
>is badly designed. Cfservd is designed not to have the problems
>that you are all talking about.

Frankly, this is arrogant, and simply invites undesirables to prove you
wrong. The best design can still have the worst security flaw. No
software can completely combat any and all conceivable intrusions.

I have a great deal of respect for you and the product you provide. My
life would be much more difficult without it, but try to refrain from
vain judgments of your own work, or belittling statements of those who
loyally use and contribute to cfengine.