Escaping a variable.

From: Hans Deragon
Subject: Escaping a variable.
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:07:45 -0400

Greetings.

  This sound stupid to ask, but how do I escape a $ sign?

  I have in my cf file:

     InsertLine "DHCP_HOSTNAME=${HOSTNAME}"

  And in my file being edited, I want:

    DHCP_HOSTNAME=${HOSTNAME}

  not

    DHCP_HOSTNAME=einstein

However, \$ does not work and neither in the reference or tutorial could I find some reference on how to escape the $ so that the variable is not being interpreted (I search for the keyword 'escape'; maybe there is a better keyword to search for?).

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.         Open source: