RE: Escaping a variable.

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: Escaping a variable.
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:29:17 -0500

Have you tried "dollar"

http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#Special%20variables

maybe
DHCP_HOSTNAME=${dollar}{HOSTNAME}

?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Deragon [mailto:hans@deragon.biz]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 4:08 PM
To: help-cfengine@gnu.org
Subject: Escaping a variable.

Greetings.

   This sound stupid to ask, but how do I escape a $ sign?

   I have in my cf file:

      InsertLine "DHCP_HOSTNAME=${HOSTNAME}"

   And in my file being edited, I want:

     DHCP_HOSTNAME=${HOSTNAME}

   not

     DHCP_HOSTNAME=einstein

   However, \$ does not work and neither in the reference or tutorial
could I
find some reference on how to escape the $ so that the variable is not
being
interpreted (I search for the keyword 'escape'; maybe there is a better
keyword
to search for?).

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.         Open source: