Re: Purge copy of big directory

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: Purge copy of big directory
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:44:11 +0200

    Bas> cfengine 2.0.7p3 I have a question about the time to copy
    Bas> such directory. Maybe i have some wrong settings, but i takes
    Bas> more then 1 hour before the copy is finished (It is only
    Bas> checking because nothing is changed).

Are both the client and server running 2.0.7p3 ? I understood Mark did
some changes in .7 or .6 to speed up copies; I'd commented some months
ago how much slower copy was to rsync, and have changed all our larger
copies to rsync because of that. I haven't tested these larger copys
since the aforementioned speed ups though.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/