Re: [Cfengine] Re: Purge copy of big directory

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: Re: [Cfengine] Re: Purge copy of big directory
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:40:27 +0200

Adrian Phillips wrote:

"Bas" == Bas van der Vlies <basv@sara.nl> writes:

    Bas> cfengine 2.0.7p3 I have a question about the time to copy
    Bas> such directory. Maybe i have some wrong settings, but i takes
    Bas> more then 1 hour before the copy is finished (It is only
    Bas> checking because nothing is changed).

Are both the client and server running 2.0.7p3 ? I understood Mark did
some changes in .7 or .6 to speed up copies; I'd commented some months
ago how much slower copy was to rsync, and have changed all our larger
copies to rsync because of that. I haven't tested these larger copys
since the aforementioned speed ups though.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

Both machines are running 2.0.7p3. I now have cfengine class that activates a rsync for /usr/local on the fileservers.

        Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@sara.nl      *