IRIX compilation problem

From: Anthony Veale
Subject: IRIX compilation problem
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:48:26 -0600

Hello,

I'm still trying to get a working version of cfengine compiled on
IRIX.  When compiling with GCC cfengine compiles but the server
doesn't work with "denying connection from 255.255.255.255" messages.

On advice from this group I have been trying to compile it with the
MIPSpro compiler, but this has been consistently failing to compile
package.c with a syntax error.

It actually spews a lot of errors, but as they are all syntax, I
suspect that they are a result of the first.  Here is the first:

/opt/MIPSpro/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. \
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include     -g \
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -w   -g \
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -w -c `test -f 'package.c' || echo \
'./'`package.c
cc-1065 cc: ERROR File = package.c, Line = 36
  A semicolon is expected at this point.

  static inline int xislower(int c)  {
                ^

I've never used static nor inline functions so I'm a complete newbie
for this.  It may be that there is a simple option which configure has
neglected to set that would allow this to compile.  If so, I've been
unable to find it.

I have looked at the pre-processed code, in case some inclusion had
incorrect options, but it all seems reasonable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, the versions involved are:

IRIX 6.5, cfengine 2.0.8, MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.3.1.2m

--
Anthony Vealé
National Snow and Ice Data Center