Re: cfengine-2.1.0b2 not working better on Red Hat 9.

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: cfengine-2.1.0b2 not working better on Red Hat 9.
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:09:25 -0400

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> My guess is that this is part of a continal redha problem
> with the libdb library. If you have multiple versions
> of libdb remove all but one.

I'd like to suggest SQLite as a libdb replacement.  It has the added
advantage that it's a real SQL database (albeit file-based).  I
realize this is a major change, so consider this only a suggestion :)

My personal experience with libdb has been painful, due mostly to
different versions and APIs.

Ted