Re: cfexecd locks

From: Alec H. Peterson
Subject: Re: cfexecd locks
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:04:33 -0600

--On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 7:02 PM +0200 Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

This is sort of correct. You should only have one instantiation of the
daemon running hence the lock. But it is possible that the process dies
without releasing its lock, so cfexecd automatically tried to ensure
consistency. This is not perfect behavour, but it is predictable.

I cannot think of a better solution that will work in the absence
of human intervention.

How about if in addition we were to have a 'daemon' lock acquired after the fork (and thus with the appropriate process ID)? That way cfexecd could be restarted simply by running it again.

Alec