Re: Problems with interpretation inside shellcommands

From: Frank Smith
Subject: Re: Problems with interpretation inside shellcommands
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:00:45 -0500

I've upgraded to  2.0.8p1 and done some more testing, and still
have the same parsing problem.

Testing with cfagent -p  -f /masterfiles/cfengine/inputs/test.conf

These shellcommands parse:

       '/bin/echo  "hello { } world"'
       '/bin/echo  "hello $1 world"'

but this doesn't:

       '/bin/echo  "hello { $1 } world"'

and gives this error:

cf:cfengine::/masterfiles/cfengine/inputs/test.conf:17: Incomplete
variable syntax or bracket mismatch

And line 17 is one line past the last line in the file (the command
was the last line in my test file).

I think I'll just give up and put the command line I want in a file,
use cfengine to copy that everywhere and run it.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith@hoovers.com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673