Re: Has Anyone Used Cfengine With Dynamic IP Addresses?

From: Alec H. Peterson
Subject: Re: Has Anyone Used Cfengine With Dynamic IP Addresses?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:03:03 -0600

--On Wednesday, October 1, 2003 5:59 AM +0200 Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

There is already a mechanism for dealing with dynamic address ranges
in cfservd that I believe is used successfully at Nokia. If there
is something wrong with that, why not send in a bug report rather than
hacking IP security?

As I said, my particular application is different from the standard enterprise, in that I do not have a standard set of addresses that a key will always connect from. Also, the fact that I could not populate this information ahead of time outside of the cfengine system made it not feasible.

Alec