Re: Has Anyone Used Cfengine With Dynamic IP Addresses?

From: Alec H. Peterson
Subject: Re: Has Anyone Used Cfengine With Dynamic IP Addresses?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:18:46 -0600

--On Wednesday, October 1, 2003 6:11 AM +0200 Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

Do the hosts have a fixed hostname? Would an option to store the
key according to asserted hostname be a way of getting around this?

Wait, now I remember. Yes, that was precisely the problem, you have found the problem that caused me to go down the road that I went down.

Yes, in my case, the hostnames are indeed fixed, so storage based on the hostname would work perfectly, and I think it would also remove the need to have the database file, correct?

Alec