Cfengine and package management databases

From: Systems Administrator
Subject: Cfengine and package management databases
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:36:36 +1000 (EST)

        Hi all.  It seems like a number of people are using cfengine with
some kind of package management database.  Are there any packages that
have that kind of setup already bundled up for use, or is everyone just
rolling their own on an ad-hoc basis?

        I'm already aware of the link below, and think it could be adapted
to my purposes, but I was wondering whether anyone else has anything else
which might already be closer to what I want.

http://astro.uchicago.edu/~davidr/cfengine-tools/lisa-paper_html/

        I guess the main differences I'm hoping for are:
1.      Uses the cfengine classes to decide what software goes on which
        machines.  I think this is possible, but am not 100% sure.
2.      Uses PostgreSQL (not a hard change, I think)

        :)

--
Tim Nelson
Systems Administrator