Re: conditional file copy

From: Alexander Mattausch
Subject: Re: conditional file copy
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:02:19 +0200

Jason Allen schrieb:

Is there anyway to do something like the following with Cfengine?

copy:
any::

if(filexists$(linuxfiles)/passwd.$(host)){
        $(linuxfiles)/passwd.$(host)
}else{
        $(linuxfiles)/passwd
}
dest=/etc/passwd
server=$(cfserver)
mode=644
type=sum

In other words I'd like cfengine to copy passwd.$hostname if it exists
and if not copy passwd.

Your example script not the cfengine way of thinking. All conditional actions are determined by defined or undefined classes and not by if/else statements.

What you probably want is the singlecopy option:

control:
 singlecopy = ( on )

copy:
 /distdir/${host}/passwd  dest=/etc/passwd server=...
 /distdir/all/passwd  dest=/etc/passwd server=...

(This is extensively copied from the cfengine reference manual, I recommend having a look at the the singlecopy-option in there).

Regards,
Alex