Shellcommands - howto alter environment variables?

From: Pieter Thysebaert
Subject: Shellcommands - howto alter environment variables?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:39:43 +0200

Hello,

I'm using Debian Woody and use Fully Automatic Install to install some test
machines.

I want to install proftpd on some of these machines, so the FAI-cfengine
Shellcommands section contains something like

FTPSERVER::
     "DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive /usr/bin/apt-get --yes -f install
proftpd"

However, this syntax is not accepted it seems (cfengine nags about wanting a
full path-to-executable at the start of the command line)

How can I work around this to achieve my goal, which is to install proftpd
without going into the debconf configuration dialog ?

Pieter