Re: Shellcommands - howto alter environment variables?

From: Thomas Glanzmann
Subject: Re: Shellcommands - howto alter environment variables?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:27:31 +0200

Hi,

* Pieter Thysebaert <pieter.thysebaert@rug.ac.be> [031010 13:17]:
> I'm using Debian Woody and use Fully Automatic Install to install some test
> machines.

same for us.

> How can I work around this to achieve my goal, which is to install proftpd
> without going into the debconf configuration dialog ?

we're using the attached update shell script and the following statement
to start it via cfagaent:

        /usr/bin/dpkg --set-selections < /var/cfengine/inputs/selections
        /usr/bin/apt-get update
        /usr/bin/yes '' | /usr/bin/apt-get --force-yes dselect-upgrade
        /usr/bin/yes '' | /usr/bin/apt-get --force-yes upgrade
        /usr/bin/apt-get clean
        yes '' | dpkg --configure -a

shellcommands:

 "/var/cfengine/inputs/update"

This helps to make debian less chatty:

editfiles:
        linux::
        { /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg
                AppendIfNoSuchLine 'force-confold'
                AppendIfNoSuchLine 'force-confdef'
        }

(ROOTmephisto) [/var/cfengine/distributed/linux/etc/apt] cat apt.conf
// This file is used in the chroot environment from install_packages
// (called by rcS_fai)
// $Header: /var/cfengine/distributed/etc/apt/RCS/apt.conf,v 1.2 2002/03/30
21:08:05 sithglan Exp $

// Options for apt-get for FAI
APT
{
  // Options for apt-get
  Get
  {
     Assume-Yes "true";
     Fix-Missing "yes";
     Show-Upgraded "yes";
     Purge "true";              // really purge ! Also removes config files
     List-Cleanup "true";
     ReInstall "false";
  };
};

DPkg
{
  Options {"--abort-after=4711";}       // a magic number in cologne
};

DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {
   "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --frontend=noninteractive";
};

Greetings,
        Thomas