Re: FreeBSD with Berkeley DB4.1

From: Graham Allan
Subject: Re: FreeBSD with Berkeley DB4.1
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:27:36 -0500

Running FreeBSD 4.8, with the current ports tree, cfengine 2.0.3 is in
the ports collection, but marked as forbidden due to the stack
overflow.

Following a trail through freshports.org, I found this, which might be
useful:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=56710

(a patch for the port to update it to 2.0.8p1).

Graham

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 03:56:03PM +0200, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> I imagine that it is not some much which version of cfengine as where
> berkekely db is located.
>
> If someone who knows these secrets wants to encode the result into
> configure.ac
> this would help others,

> On 10 Oct, Gert Koops wrote:
> > hello world,
> >
> > anybody there who's got a version of Cfengine working under FreeBSD  4.4 or
> > higher
> > I would really appreciate it if anybody who has a working situation, could
> > tell me which version of Cfengine I should try
> > tried serveral version each of them has the same problem, when configuring
> >
> > checking Berkeley DB Version... configure: error: This release of cfengine
> > requires BerkeleyDB 3.2 or later
> >
> > And 'm sure I 've got the latest Berkeley DB version 4.1, it looks like if
> > something isn't right in the testfunction
> > of the configure script

Graham Allan - I.T. Manager - gta@umn.edu - (612) 624-5040
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota