checksums and cfservd

From: Akop Pogosian
Subject: checksums and cfservd
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:50:18 -0700

I think I have asked this question a while ago but never got a reply.
I would prefer to use checksums for all file comparisons as long as
that doesn't result in a huge performance hit on the server. Since, I
don't want the server to compute the same checksums again and again
for each client every hour, I'd like to use the server-side checksum
database feature.  However, the last time I tried enabling the
checksum database on the server, it seemed to me that the checksums in
that database never get updated, even after I replaced the files whose
checksums were stored in that database. My question is, how can I
force cfservd to update the checksum database more often (say once
every hour or so)?

-akop