Bug in class evaluation?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Bug in class evaluation?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:15:23 +1000

I have a very odd problem with cfengine, and I can't work out what is
wrong with my configuration file -- or if this is a bug.  I have the
latest Debian package, version:

root@siga:/tmp# cfagent --version
GNU cfengine 2.1.0b3
Free Software Foundation 1994-
Donated by Mark Burgess, Faculty of Engineering,
Oslo University College, 0254 Oslo, Norway
$PatchVersion: Debian 2.0.9+2.1.0b3-1 $
This program is covered by the GNU Public License and may be
copied free of charge.  No warranty is implied.

The configuration that shows the problem is:

# touch file1 file2 file3
# cat test.conf
control:
        actionsequence = ( tidy._workstation )

groups:
        workstation = ( foo bar )

tidy:
        _workstation::
                # I am run.
                /tmp pattern=file1 age=0

        !workstation::
                # I am run.
                /tmp pattern=file2 age=0

        _workstation.!workstation::
                # I am not run.
                /tmp pattern=file3 age=0

root@siga:/tmp# cfagent -I -f ./test.conf
cfengine:siga: Deleting file /tmp/file1
cfengine:siga: Deleting file /tmp/file2

As far as I can tell, the requirements for the 'file3' tidy action are
met, but the action is not run by cfengine.

     Daniel

--
I have never seen a bad television program, because I refuse to.
God gave me a mind, and a wrist that turns things off.