Re: debian package cfengine2 is broken? permissions on /var/lib/cfengine

From: Kief Morris
Subject: Re: debian package cfengine2 is broken? permissions on /var/lib/cfengine2
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:25:50 +0100

Phil D'Amore typed the following on 08:56 15/10/2003 -0400
>The real directory it is complaining about here is probably
>/var/lib/cfengine2/ppkeys.

Yes, that's right. I've tried some hackarounds, such as manually changing the
permissions on that directory to 700 (which is what it is on working
installations),
then reinstalling the package, but the installation then fails because the
directory
already exists. If I delete the directory and reinstall, it gives the original
error.

I haven't got the debian package hacking mojo to make this work, so I'll have to
wait for the package maintainer to fix it. If he/she doesn't respond to this
thread
I'll figure out how to report a bug when I get a spare minute.

Thanks,
Kief