Difficulty with processes

From: Katherine Morris
Subject: Difficulty with processes
Date: 23 Oct 2003 14:40:59 -0700

Version:
2.0.7p3  patched for cfservd Transaction Message Buffer Overflow

I'm actually in the midst of upgrading from 1.6.3… and I'm having
issues with the processes functionality.  The "restartai" class is an
Installable Class which is based on an Edit of the configuration file
for the application.

restartai::
     "/usr/r/bin/aiclient" restart "/opt/cfengine/modules/restartai"
signal=term inform=true

I started off thinking that DefineClasses wasn't working because I
wasn't seeing the class being set in debug mode, and struggled with
that for a while.  Then I decided to resort to a classless warning for
a sanity check. It doesn't work either!

processes:
      "/usr/r/bin/aiclient" action=warn

One thing I noticed from debug mode is that the Defined process list
is empty with a trailing ")".  Almost as if something isn't being
parsed correctly…  It looks this way even if I have no processes
defined at all.

***  much is edited ***

DEFINED PROCESSES

)

***  much is edited ***

 Main Tree Sched: processes pass 1 @ Thu Oct 23 17:14:11 2003

cfengine:hathor: Nothing scheduled for processes.allprocs (0/1 minutes
elapsed)
Job start time set to Thu Oct 23 17:14:11 2003

***  much is edited ***

# ps -ef | grep aiclient
    root 21571     1  0 17:00:23 ?        0:01 /usr/r/bin/aiclient

Any ideas on what the trouble might be?