import in update.conf

From: Jason Sinnamon
Subject: import in update.conf
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:58:56 +1000

I have noticed with my version of cfengine (2.1.0b7) that anything I import in update.conf is also available to cfagent.conf.   This means I get errors about variables being redefined.  I could remove the import in cfagent.conf but want it to be obvious to others that this the file is being imported.

Is this normal behaviour ?   I tested it with a dummy file by importing in both and sure enough the same problem.  Why are variables in imported files a problem but not variables defined separately in both update.conf and cfagent.conf not ?

Many thanks...JS

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipients(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is prohibited. It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipients(s), or if you have received this e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return e-mail. You should also delete this e-mail message and destroy any hard copies produced.